From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 3:06 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: changing modules list in a profile

On 7/14/06, Charlie Groves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've got a parent pom with several modules in it.  I've defined a
> profile in it that only has a couple of the modules so I don't have to
> build everything to build them.  When I run with that profile
> activated, all of the modules are built.  I know the profile is active
> since I can change other settings in it and they go into effect.  Can
> you not change the modules from a profile?

Modules in a profile are added to the ones in the default build.

It sounds like you want two profiles, one that's active by default and
active *unless* [some condition].  Then the second one that is active
on [some condition].

There's an example of activating exactly one of two profiles here:
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shale/trunk/pom.xml
(look at the 'jsfri' and 'myfaces' profiles.)

HTH,
--
Wendy