the sure plugin invokes another jvm to run the test, you need to configure
the debugger with surefire, not maven

<plugin>
 <artifactId>maven-surefire-plugin</artifactgId>
 <configuration>
    <argLine>Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8000 -Xnoagent -
Djava.compiler=NONE </argLine
 </configuaration>
</plugin>