Greetings:

Maven 2.0.4, Ant 1.6.5, Windows XP (also occurs on RH FC-4)

I've integrated a number of our existing Ant builds with the maven
dependency resolution mechanism.  They are drawing their dependencies
from our proxy repository without difficulty.

I'm having trouble with the deployment of artifacts.  The
artifact:deploy target is using scp via wagon-ssh 1.0-alpha-6.  The
problem is that the artifact:deploy task is intermittently hanging the
entire build, leaving it in limbo indefinitely.

Here is my ant target that calls the maven task.

<target name="maven-deploy-file">
                <artifact:install-provider artifactId="wagon-ssh"
version="1.0-alpha-6"/>
                <artifact:deploy file="${deployable.jar.file}" >
                        <remoteRepository url="${repository.scp.url}" >
                                <authentication
username="${maven.deployment.username}"
password="${maven.deployment.password}"/>
                        </remoteRepository>
                <pom file="${pom.xml.file}"/>
                </artifact:deploy>
        </target>