Ok, I have maven2 working.  I'm trying to use MyEclipse to deploy to Tomcat
and the MyEclipse deployer is copying the servlet-api jar file to my
server.  This is a problem because that file conflicts with the server.  Is
there anyway to keep that on the dependencies in my POM, but not have it on
my classpath in Eclipse after running the eclipse:eclipse task?

The eclipse:eclipse command adds "Variable" Library entries to the
"Java Build Path" of your project.

You must define the M2_REPO eclipse variable to your Maven 2
repository (by default ~/.m2/repository).

Just select the first entry I edit it and click on the "Variable..." button.

Laurent.