Hi,

We have several projects that produces a ear files. The ear files
contains a war and several jar files.

The war file is common to all the projects and uses a import statement
in the spring config file to load another spring config file bundled
with the ear file.

Management has asked us if we can deploy the projects to Tomcat or
Jetty rather than use a app server like Glasfish, for serveral reasons
that i wont go into.

So what im thinking is. If i create a webapp project that pulls the
dependent jars into it and instead of the webapp project creating a
war file can it create a zip file, that the assembly plugin can unzip
into the new webapp project. then when the new webapp project.

Does this sound possible?

Ben