Ralf Quebbemann wrote:
Looks very promising. That is indeed something I am looking for. Just another question: I am not sure why I must specify an XML file to describe the book's chapters and sections. That information can be extracted from the apt document structure. Is it mandatory to provide that XML file?

Currently it is. I'm open to suggestions on how you would structure a document if you're not to use some form of descriptor. I found making a deep directory structure annoying and the same with a special naming convention. Using a descriptor also made it easier to include external content as it's all referenced using IDs instead of file paths.

Note that Doxia Book is very much a scratching of a personal itch but it has been useful in the couple of projects I've used it in. For any other interrested parties I've uploaded the new Doxia site which includes an example site to [1].

[1]: http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-example-book/

--
Trygve