Thanks Denis for the reply

Denis Cabasson wrote:

Daniel Schaedler wrote:
Hi

I get a Nullpointerexception when executing a release:prepare and using a profile: (using Maven 2.0.4)

Does your profile attach a specific plugin to any lifecycle goal?

no, the only plugin configured in the pom is the maven-compiler-plugin:
<plugin>
<configuration>
<source>1.5</source>
<target>1.5</target>
</configuration>
</plugin>

and I use wagon-ftp as an extension.

Such errors commonly comes from mispelled groupId/artifactId plugins
attached to the build lifecycle.

But for almost all other goals than the release I get a successful build (compile, test, package, deploy, ...)

Can you show us the content of your profile?

sure:
  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>pan</id>
      <activation>
        <property>
          <name>env</name>
          <value>aaa</value>
        </property>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <filters>
          <filter>${basedir}/rsrc/env_aaa.properties</filter>
        </filters>
      </build>
    </profile>
    <profile>
      <id>nca</id>
      <activation>
        <property>
          <name>env</name>
          <value>bbb</value>
        </property>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <filters>
          <filter>${basedir}/rsrc/env_bbb.properties</filter>
        </filters>
      </build>
    </profile>
  </profiles>