/me Slaps palm to forehead

Doh. Of course you were, my bad.

Here's a link to the docs for that plugin.
  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changelog-plugin/

They are in the process of being rewritten. Is you want to track that check this issue in JIRA:
  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCHANGELOG-40

Alexander Kriegisch wrote:
Thanks again. This is also helpful.

Forgive me for asking another dumb question: I was talking about the
changelog plugin (maven-changelog-plugin). Is it the same as the changes
plugin? I want a CVS changelog, not a Jira report.

Regards
Alexander Kriegisch

See
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200607.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]
and
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html

--
Dennis Lundberg

Alexander Kriegisch wrote:
Thanks for those hints. I think I got the POM stuff right now, but the
next problem is already there. 'mvn site' says:

The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changelog-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

Alexander Kriegisch wrote:
this is really a newbie's question: I am trying to configure the
changelog
plugin in Maven 2, but I don't even know where to put the <plugin>
section
in my pom.xml. I tried to stuff it directly into <build>, into
<reporting>
and a few others. I am always getting parse errors.

The configuration should go in the reporting/plugins part. Have a look
at
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-site.html

(section Configuring Reports)

Alexander Kriegisch wrote:
The thing is, that the plugin project page shows sample config
snippets,
but without any context. So I would appreciate a full sample pom.xml
and
also a sample command line, as I don't even know which goal to
specify.
never used Maven 1.x and am still a Maven 2 newbie, as I said. So I
apologise to everybody who thinks this should be crystal-clear. It is
not
to me, unfortunately.

You're right, documentation isn't clear at the moment, but I guess you
should read the documentation above, and things would get more clear
for
you.
The maven team is at the moment putting a lot of work on the plugin
documentation:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+Plugin+Documentation?showComments=true&showCommentArea=true

Denis.

Dennis Lundberg