Ok, I found now the solution and would like to share with others:
In the source JiraDownloader2.java from the plugin source I found
"determineProxy( cl );" Here the proxy from the settings.xml will be
determined. But this didnt work in my network. The proxy is necessary to
connect to repositories but for the access to my JIRA-Server it wont work
because its inside the internal network.
The reason its the security policy in our network but if other users have
similar effects maybe a parameter may help. Maybe there are other ways too
but I am more than happy (after hours) it works for me.

Juergen