When I manually change the name of the artifact like so

mv dsc-ear-1.0.ear dsc-ear.ear

Now I get this.....
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:target]$ cd ..
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:ear]$ mvn weblogic:deploy
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'weblogic'.
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building DSC:: Enterprise Application
[INFO]    task-segment: [weblogic:deploy]
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Preparing weblogic:deploy
[INFO] [ear:generate-application-xml]
[INFO] Generating application.xml
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [ear:ear]
[INFO] Copying artifact[jar:net.myco.dsc:dsc-ejb:1.0]
to[dsc-ejb-1.0.jar]
[INFO] Could not find manifest file:
/opt/app/devtp/username/builds/dsc/vobs/opus_dev/earpackaging/ear/src/ma
in/application/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF - Generating one
[INFO] Building jar:
/opt/app/devtp/username/builds/dsc/vobs/opus_dev/earpackaging/ear/target
/dsc-ear-1.0.ear
Downloading:
http://corprepo.edc.myco.net:4321/repository/weblogic/webservices/8.1/we
bservices-8.1.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[INFO] [weblogic:deploy]
[INFO] Weblogic Deployment beginning
weblogic.management.DeploymentException: Error while loading
descriptors: Error processing file 'META-INF/application.xml'.
weblogic.xml.process.XMLProcessingException: XML document does not
appear to contain a properly formed DOCTYPE header - with nested
exception:
[weblogic.xml.process.ProcessorFactoryException: XML document does not
appear to contain a properly formed DOCTYPE header] - with nested
exception:
[weblogic.xml.process.ProcessorFactoryException: XML document does not
appear to contain a properly formed DOCTYPE header]

weblogic.management.ApplicationException:
weblogic.management.DeploymentException: Error while loading
descriptors: Error processing file 'META-INF/application.xml'.
weblogic.xml.process.XMLProcessingException: XML document does not
appear to contain a properly formed DOCTYPE header - with nested
exception:
[weblogic.xml.process.ProcessorFactoryException: XML document does not
appear to contain a properly formed DOCTYPE header] - with nested
exception:
[weblogic.xml.process.ProcessorFactoryException: XML document does not
appear to contain a properly formed DOCTYPE header]

I think Weblogic is  not happy with the application descriptor being
generated by mvn because there is no DOCTYPE header.  How can I instruct
maven to add a DOCTYPE Header to the application.xml?  Can I create or
modify the application.xml manually?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:target]$ cat application.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd"; version="1.4">
  <description>DSC</description>
  <display-name>DSC Enterprise Application</display-name>
  <module>
    <java>dsc-ejb-1.0.jar</java>
  </module>
</application>