No, JARs are the standard way to share code.  You can't share code in a
WAR or EAR.  Move the common code into a JAR module.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Goldhahn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 10:43 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: WAR dependency in a WAR project (M2) does not compile

Hi!
I have a pom that contains a dependency of type war (lets call it
dep:dep:war). The dep:dep:war contains classes that I need for
compilation in my project. When I run the goal compile the dep:dep:war
is downloaded but not included in the compiler plugin's classpath. Am I
missing something here?

Martin