devillina wrote:
I think i'm doing something wrong.
I put the thing for the jar-plugin in my pom.xml (the one that builds the
war).
And i do get a test-jar build.  But building this jar is the last thing
maven does.
So when i put the dependency in my war-plugin like this:

<plugin>
        <configuration>
            <excludes>**/_svn/**</excludes>
            <archive>
                <manifest>
                    <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                </manifest>
            </archive>
        </configuration>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                 <groupId>be.delaware.jpetstore.samples</groupId>
                 <artifactId>jpetstore</artifactId>
                 <version>0.0.1</version>
                 <type>test-jar</type>
            </dependency>
        </dependencies>
</plugin>

But he keeps saying he's missing an artifact for the war-plugin (what would
be logical because he tries to   make the war before the test-jar is even
build).
any ideas?

The artifact has to be installed for maven to use it.

in fact - I have these in separate projects. (The tests are build from a "server-project" - and I depend on these in a separate "testwar-project").

(p.s. i can't put my tests in the main source tree, because they want me to
follow the
maven default directory structure).
Can you send the complete pom?

My jar-plugin configuration:

                <plugin>

                        <executions>
                        <execution>
                                <goals>
                                        <goal>test-jar</goal>
                                </goals>
                        </execution>
                        </executions>

                        <configuration>
                          <archive>
                            <index>true</index>

                            <manifestEntries>
                                <url>${pom.url}</url>
                                <email>${myEmailAddress}</email>
                                <buildNumber>${buildNumber}</buildNumber>
                            </manifestEntries>

                            <manifest>
                              <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                            </manifest>

                          </archive>
                        </configuration>
              </plugin>

I think your approach should work as the test-jar will be executed before the war-step. The problem is that the artifact is not installed in your local repo at this point. If you're totally stuck I would recommend splitting it up into two artifacts.

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com