Merging 2 artifacts....

Looks like a task for maven-assembly-plugin:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/unpack-mojo.html

It can unpack jar/zip dependencies to an assembly directory and package them
as you need.

I'm afraid I can't help any futher without more informations about the
artifacts you want to merge, and what you want to produce.

Denis.