The discussion at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200602.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]
useful in this context.

Thanks,
Binil

On 8/2/06, Binil Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for replying!

I think I understand this better now. In my build logs, I have

[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
[INFO] Retrieving previous build number from artifacts
Uploading: /path/to/shared/repo/project/mymodule/1.0-SNAPSHOT/mymodule-
1.0-20060802.093051-13.jar
71K uploaded

So, it looks like Maven looks at the shared repository, and figures out a
version qualifier & build number. The qualifier is the timestamp and build
number is figured out by incrementing the last build number. In my case, I
guess, since I started from a clean repository and no build has failed yet,
the build number corresponds to Continuum build number (which mislead me
into thinking that Continuum decides the build number).

I will try the Maven user list.

Thanks,
Binil