many htanks for your answer John.

The website mentions this restriction:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

"Profiles specified in external files (i.e in settings.xml or profiles.xml)
are not portable in the strictest sense. (...) Therefore, you will only be
able to modify the *repositories* and *pluginRepositories* sections, plus an
extra *properties* section."

But the book is confusing: check out the page 63

Thanks again John.

Alexis