Just run mvn test, instead of building the surefire report. This way, the
build if there are tests failures (but after having executed all of your
tests for the current module).

@Jon : just do the opposite :) run mvn surefire-report:report instead of
anything else, should build a surefire report, whatever the result of the
test cas. I guess you can't use your behaviour (ie breaking the build after
generation of report), but you can still get surefire report this way.

Denis.