maven.compile.classpath would give you the current classpath for compile.
Look here for a bit more info on related stuff:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/classpaths.html

The top level of the xml is <project> not <pom>

-- Lee

Surely there must be certain commons properties.

Let me be clear. I am looking for the current classpath for the
POM project build.

> One thing that helps is that things defined in the POM can
> sometimes be referenced as properties. For example
> 'project.build.finalName' gives the value from the pom that
> is defined in:
>
> <project>
>    <build>
>        <finalName>xyz</finalname>
>     </build>
> </project>
>
> (skipping all the other parts of the POM) Just put the tags
> from the top down with "dot"s between.
>
> There is a tricky part to this though. The POM you are
> looking at may have a parent pom from which it inherits
> values and all POMs have an ultimate ancestor in the "SUPER" pom.
>
> If you give the command 'mvn help:effective-pom" it will show
> you the full resulting POM that results when all the
> inheritance and such are considered.
> You can look at this pom to find the "dot" format that is
> used to reference something in particular.

So from this. I would be look for something like ``pom.build.classpath'
or
``pom.build.test-classpath'' ?

==///==-

--