I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with the maven2 ant tasks, where I am unable to fetch anything from a remote repository:

[artifact:dependencies] Resolving dependencies...
[artifact:dependencies] [INFO] snapshot vt.edu:drtsj-ri:1.0-SNAPSHOT: checking f
or updates from drtsj.repository
[artifact:dependencies] [WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot vt.edu:drts
j-ri:1.0-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from repository: drtsj.repository due
to an error: Error transferring file
[artifact:dependencies] [INFO] Repository 'drtsj.repository' will be blacklisted
[artifact:dependencies] An error has occurred while processing the Maven artifac
t tasks.
[artifact:dependencies]  Diagnosis:
[artifact:dependencies]
[artifact:dependencies] Unable to resolve artifact: required artifacts missing:
  <snipped>
[artifact:dependencies]
[artifact:dependencies] for the artifact:
[artifact:dependencies]   unspecified:unspecified:jar:0.0
[artifact:dependencies]
[artifact:dependencies] from the specified remote repositories:
[artifact:dependencies]   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
[artifact:dependencies]   drtsj.repository (http://xxxxx.ece.vt.edu/maven2

I have verified in the webserver logs that the file is delivered, and even gone so far as ethereal to ensure that the contents of the metadata XML file were delivered to the local process. The file does not appear in the local repository, however.

Is there some kind of additional troubleshooting capability I can use to figure out *what* error in transferring the file?

[cc me on responses, if you would be so kind.]

JA

--
Jonathan S. Anderson -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel:     540.961.0229 (H)  540.818.2896 (C)