Hi,

Situation: I want to have an active by default profile (dev) and still be able to switch to other profiles like qa and prod. I didn’t find any way of doing it. Please someone help me if you found a solution for this one.

What happens?

I’ve set up the activeByDefault property for the dev environment in the conf/settings.xml:      <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>

When I run:

            mvn help:active-profiles

I get the following response:

The following profiles are active:

 - maestro (source: settings.xml)

 - dev-servers (source: settings.xml)

 - dev-servers (source: settings.xml)

Now when I’m trying to switch to another profile:

mvn help:active-profiles –P qa2-servers

The following profiles are active:

 - maestro (source: settings.xml)

 - dev-servers (source: settings.xml) => dev profile is going to be used

 - qa2-servers (source: settings.xml)

 - dev-servers (source: settings.xml)

I’ve tried even with both –P and setting the activation value for the qa profile and still:

mvn help:active-profiles -P qa2-servers -Denv=qa2

The following profiles are active:

 - maestro (source: settings.xml)

 - dev-servers (source: settings.xml) => dev profile is going to be used

 - qa2-servers (source: settings.xml)

 - dev-servers (source: settings.xml)

This means that any property used from profiles in the FILTERED files are still taken from dev profile and not from the desired qa2-servers profile (which is not the desired behaviour!!!)

Thank you,

Bogdan Matiu -

Senior Software Engineer

Ph.: 416-848-8391 x 2237

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Route1 Inc.

Securing the Digital World

This electronic mail transmission contains information from Route1, Inc. that is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this message, its contents, or any attachment is prohibited. Any wrongful interception of this message is punishable as a federal crime. If you have received this message in error, please return a copy to the sender by electronic mail indicating the error. Then, please destroy the original message and any copies from your computer. Thank you.