Yes you can use Wagon to do it.
i don't know why the site is broken :-(
You can have a look a the artifact plugin in m1 to see how to use it.

Arnaud

On 8/16/06, Jeff Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi, what is the "best" way to simply FTP an artifact to a server in a
specified
dir?

Cargo is for containers, so I think that's not it.  Wagon seems the likely
answer, but the pages are broken so I can't read about it
(http://maven.apache.org/wagon/ clicked from the links on the Maven main
page;
please fix!! :-).  Is Wagon the right answer?  Artifact deploy always
creates
the pom/jar/war/ear dir structure, so that doesn't work.  Other ideas?