Seems to be happening for jars I manually installed, because I just tried to
build my domain objects project as well and got the error :

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: net.sf.hibernate2:hibernate

Reason: Error getting POM for 'net.sf.hibernate2:hibernate' from the
repository: Error transferring file
 net.sf.hibernate2:hibernate:pom:2.0.0

from the specified remote repositories:
 central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 17 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Aug 16 16:55:14 SAST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/10M
[INFO]