From: Matt Raible [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 August 2006 16:18
To: Maven Users List
Subject: [m2] maven.test.skip=true on by default?

In Maven 1, it was possible to turn off tests by creating a
build.properties and adding maven.test.skip=true.  I want to do
something similar (don't worry, only temporarily) for Maven 2.  I
tried creating a ~/.m2/settings.xml with the following, but it doesn't
seem to work.

<settings>
  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>skip.tests</id>
      <properties>
        <name>maven.test.skip</name>
        <value>true</value>
      </properties>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

  <activeProfiles>
    <activeProfile>skip.tests</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>
</settings>

On a related note, is it possible to create a setting that sets up
"offline mode" permanently w/o typing -o?

Thanks,

Matt