On 8/21/06, Attila Mezei-Horvati <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
How can I create a jar from the classes compiled into
the war? (for tomcat)

Currently if I run the war package it leaves my
sources in the web-inf/classes dir as compiled
classes. I would like to put them in a jar and have it
included in the web-inf/lib dir. Is that possible?

I think you should try 'archiveClasses' config element in <configuration>
element for maven-war-plugin but Ive never used it myself...
More here:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/war-mojo.html#archiveClasses

HTH,
Tomek