Sure, I'd love to see that script.

----- Original Message -----
From: Arnaud Bailly
Sent: Wed, 8/23/2006 2:01am
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Jar With Dependencies

Douglas Ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Does anybody have a suggestion for creating a jar with dependencies
> that has all the dependencies exploded?

There is an <unpack> tag in assembly descriptor that does this.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly.html

> If I send them a jar with dependencies, then they would have to crack
> the jar open, because the classloader won't read a jar within a jar.

I think that classworlds can do this. You could also write a simple
wrapper classloader that launches your application. I did this once to
ensure platform-independent classpath resolution as I could not write
a script in windows that would add a list of jars in one lib to
classpath (not an expert rin windows scripting obviously).
If you are interested by this small snippet, I can send you.

BTW, IBM released recently a tool for doing just that kind of things

regards

--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.