Hi all,

i stumbled recently in an interesting problem:

the setup:
i have a WAR project (call it "base") that simply holds shared resources
(non-Java mainly) for a webapp, and another (call it "flavour") which is the
"final" WAR artifact, just as described here:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/war-overlay.html

I _have_ overlapping files (just like web.xml in example) which bothers me,
like Spring applicationContext.xml.

Just to note: The project does not make use of profiles, local
settings.xmlor whatsoever "local" setup, everything is in POM, that
comes from SVN.
Both machines are direct connected to net, no http-proxy, no Proximity, no
maven-proxy - just Maven 2.0.4. Both machines uses JDK 1.5.0_07, both are
i386, both are Linux(!) etc. etc.

But:

When I build on one machine (SuSE), Maven2 behaves just as I thought, it had
"overwritten" the "base" overlapping files with "flavour" ones.

When I build on other machine (Linux, Fedora), Maven2 consistently behaves
just opposite! It consistently overwrites the "flavour" with "base" files!

I'm am playing with this a while. After this happened, I executed

  $ mvn -U clean install

from project root on both machines, the Fedora got updated with new WAR
plugin (!) (and some checksum problems from repo1 but M2 ignored it) but it
_still_ produces the same effect. On SuSE the WAR overlay behaves "as i
expect from it" and on Fedora on reverse!

Ideas?

Thanx in advance,
~t~