On 8/25/06, Matt Raible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/25/06, Carlos Sanchez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> what's the problem? jetty:run? you can use war:inplace jetty:run

Yeah, jetty6:run doesn't work.  jetty6:run-war and jetty6:run-exploded
both seem to work fine, but don't pick up changes that I make/save in
my IDE.

jetty6 was renamed to jetty
It's mantained by Mortbay, I don't know if they'll be adding the war
overlay feature to jetty:run. I was instructed to use the war:inplace
jetty:run when overlaying wars.

jetty:run-exploded works again the target dir so if you IDE don't copy
the changed files there it won't work. You may configure it tough.

Note: I say jetty6 vs. jetty b/c jetty6 actually works for me whereas
the jetty plugin seems to have issues with my project.

I suppose war:inplace works, but I tend to stay away from that b/c it
copies files into your source tree and I've seen rookie developers
often get confused when they go to check things into source control.
If there was a war:inplace-clean, it might be more usable.  However,
in something like AppFuse, where there will be .xml files overlayed
from another WAR - it might lead to a lot of confusion when folks use
war:inplace.

Do you think the current directory/project structure I have in place
is a good one?

appfuse2
    - data
        - common (model objects, interfaces)
        - hibernate
        - ibatis
    - service
    - web
        - common
        - common-war
        - jsf
        - jsf-war
        - spring
        - spring-war
        - struts
        - struts-war
        - tapestry
        - tapestry-war

I'd rather not have framework and framework-war, but it seems it's
necessary for end users to get both base classes and static files with
the war-overlay feature.

looks right. In m1 I think there was an option to add the classes as a
jar to the war instead of copying them to web-inf/classes.
The problem is how wars work, it's pretty limited.

Thanks,

Matt

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.