From: Stéphane Bouchet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 9:29 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: NullPointerException in maven-eclipse-plugin while executing
"mak e-artifacts" goal

Sharma, Jaikumar a écrit :
> Thanks Stephane, Please see below.

That is what i am saying.

You have installed JBOSS IDE and not just Eclipse IDE, and tha
org.jbpm.core plugin for eclipse gives you the NPE.

i don't know either the reason why it gave you this.

the solution i gave you is that you could install a fresh Eclipse in
another directory, run "mvn make-artifacts" into, and see if you could
use the installed artifact with your app and maven..

The make-artifacts goals need to be call just the first time, after
that, you will have all the necessary artifact in your repo.

Stéphane

> Jaikumar
>

> Stéphane
>

> Sharma, Jaikumar a écrit :
>
>> Dear Maven users,
>>
>> Did someone tried maven-eclipse-plugin : version 2.3-SNAPSHOT to build
>> eclipse plugins ? When I run "mvn clean make-artifacts" it is coming out
>> with NullPointeException as appended at the end of the mail.
>>
>> Plugin configuration in my pom.xml is :
>>
>> <plugin>
>>
>>           <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>           <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
>>           <version>2.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>
>>            <configuration>
>>                <eclipseDir>${ECLIPSE_HOME}</eclipseDir>
>>
>> <buildOutputDirectory>${basedir}/target</buildOutputDirectory>
>>                <!-- <downloadSources>true</downloadSources> -->
>>                <eclipseProjectDir>${basedir}</eclipseProjectDir>
>>                <manifest>plugin.xml</manifest>
>>                <pde>true</pde>
>>
>>                <executions>
>>                  <execution>
>>                     <goals>
>>                        <goal>make-artifacts</goal>
>>                     </goals>
>>                  </execution>
>>                </executions>
>>           </configuration>
>>
>> </plugin>
>>
>> Does some has any idea or pointers on this or I am doing something wrong
?

>> Thanks for your help!
>>

>> [INFO] Processing file
>> C:\Lang\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.xsd.edit_2.1.0.jar
>> [WARNING] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.core.runtime, skipping
>> [WARNING] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.emf.edit, skipping
>> [WARNING] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.xsd, skipping
>> [INFO] Installing C:\DOCUME~1\JKS\LOCALS~1\Temp\pom36712.xml to

C:\Lang\maven-2.0.4\Repository\org\eclipse\org.eclipse.xsd.edit\2.1.0\org.ec

>> lipse.xsd.edit-2.1.0.pom
>> [INFO] Installing C:\Lang\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.xsd.edit_2.1.0.jar

C:\Lang\maven-2.0.4\Repository\org\eclipse\org.eclipse.xsd.edit\2.1.0\org.ec

>> lipse.xsd.edit-2.1.0.jar
>> [INFO] Processing file C:\Lang\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.xsd_2.1.1.jar
>> [WARNING] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.core.runtime, skipping
>> [WARNING] Missing version for artifact org.eclipse.emf.ecore, skipping
>> [INFO] Installing C:\DOCUME~1\JKS\LOCALS~1\Temp\pom36713.xml to

C:\Lang\maven-2.0.4\Repository\org\eclipse\org.eclipse.xsd\2.1.1\org.eclipse

>> .xsd-2.1.1.pom
>> [INFO] Installing C:\Lang\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.xsd_2.1.1.jar to

C:\Lang\maven-2.0.4\Repository\org\eclipse\org.eclipse.xsd\2.1.1\org.eclipse

>> .xsd-2.1.1.jar
>> [INFO] Processing file C:\Lang\eclipse\plugins\org.jbpm.core_3.0.9.jar
>> [INFO]
>> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO] null
>> [INFO]
>> [INFO] Trace
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>  at

org.apache.maven.plugin.eclipse.MakeArtifactsMojo.execute(MakeArtifactsMojo.

>> java:166)
>>  at

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManage

>> r.java:412)
>>  at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLife

>> cycleExecutor.java:534)
>>  at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(De

>> faultLifecycleExecutor.java:488)
>>  at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifec

>> ycleExecutor.java:458)
>>  at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFail

>> ures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
>>  at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(Defa

>> ultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
>>  at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycle