"HUGOT Franck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have an organisation repository on a tomcat server. This repository
> has been populated by all the maven plugins and my projects (this
> repository is the local repository of the maven tool installed on this
> machine so it has been automatically populated because this machine has
> internet access).

In general, using a local repository (one populated with mvn install)
a remote one is not a good idea, as the repository will lack some
important pieces of information generated at deploy time (eg. cheksum
and snapshot versions at least).

You would be better off using a mirror  such as proximity or
maven-proxy if you want/need to insulate/control what is downloaded in
dev. You should not confound proxy and mirrors: The former are just
network handlers for accessing another repo, while the latter are ful
blown replicas of another repo (eg. central).

> Why maven download the pom from repo1 and the jar from my repository? If
> I look at my repository the pom is present.
>

> If I replace in my settings.xml my repository id by "central" to
> override maven central repository then I get the error :
>

> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does
> not exist or no valid version could be found

This is normal as the plugin's informations is surely missing in your
local repo.

> Because my project pom refer to this dependency maven try to download it
> from my organization repository, this works but I get this warning.
>
> Indeed, there is no checksum file for my projects installed on my
> organization repository, why? Does maven don't create this file
> automatically?

Yes, using deploy goal.

> Is it because I use install-file goal?

Right :-)

--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.