It seems to be related to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPASPECTJ-16
The problem seems to be in these lines (90->97)

       <ant:sourceroots>
         <j:if test="${context.getVariable('maven.aspectj.src.argfilesOnly')
!= 'true'}">
           <ant:path refid="${sourcePathRefid}"/>
         </j:if>
         <j:if test="${aspectSourcesPresent and weaveAspectSources}">
           <ant:pathelement location="${pom.build.aspectSourceDirectory}"/>
         </j:if>
       </ant:sourceroots>

if maven.aspectj.weaveAspectSources = true and
pom.build.aspectSourceDirectory isn't defined I think that basedir is used
(which is a bad behaviour I think)

Arnaud