We are thinking to a solution on a similar problem, but in a contionuous integration context.
Our solution should be the following:
- on the pre-integration-tests phase, execute the following tasks through the maven-antrun-plugin:
         1 - drop all tables in your database
2 - import a database corresponding to the previous version of your webapp
         3 - run sql scripts to update the database schema.
   - on the integration-test phase, execute your jWebUnit tests

I think that to use the setup methods of the test-cases to initialize the database schema is not a good idea because you will probably update your testcases in the next release of your webapp.

We use profiles to deploy on different QA environments.

Christophe DENEUX / Capgemini Sud / Méditerranée
Technical Leader
Tel: + 33 4 93 72 43 74 / www.capgemini.com
Fax: + 33 4 93 21 02 95
Porte de l'Arénas - Entrée B / 455 Promenade des Anglais / 06200 Nice

Join the Collaborative Business Experience

Donnchadh Ó Donnabháin a écrit :
Hi everyone,

I'm using the cargo plugin to deploy a webapp to tomcat. This webapp
depends on a database and I would like run a SQL script to deploy the
updated schema before deploying the webapp. What is the best approach
to this? Is there a plugin to facilitate this?

Once I have this working I would like to perform integration tests
(probably using jWebUnit and htmlunit) and if they succeed, deploy the
webapp to another context to provide feedback to the client

 Donnchadh

the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized
to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use this message or
any part thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all  copies of this message.