http://mojo.codehaus.org/retrotranslator-maven-plugin/ ?

On 9/3/06, Ralph Pöllath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 03.09.2006, at 17:27, Douglas Ferguson wrote:
> What are the default values for source & target version for the
> compiler?

The compiler plugin's default values are probably the default values
of the compiler you're using.

> Anybody know if this would work?
>
> <source>1.5</source.
> <target>1.2</target>
>
> Would this allow me to use generics but run in websphere which
> isn't compatible with 1.5 code?

Assuming you're using javac, -source 1.5 -target 1.2 won't work. To
transform 1.5 byte code into 1.4 byte code, you might want to have a
look at http://retroweaver.sf.net (anyone know of a maven plugin for
retroweaver?).

Cheers,
-Ralph.