Hi Adam,

we've got the same needs.
Unfortunately I haven't found out the way to do this.

As a result I use the "activate by property" feature. But event his way
doesn't not work smoothly.
Actually in a parent pom, if I set the property activate.profile1 for
example, its value is correctly passed to the child poms but nevertheless
profile1 is not active! :(
Only the property set in the command line makes it work.

Hope this helps,

Alexis