Jörg Schaible wrote:
Hi Max,

Max Bowsher wrote on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:38 AM:

Lakshman Srilakshmanan wrote:
Hi Max,

Page 58, in Better builds with Maven explains how to achieve this.
Essentially you have to do the following.

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
        <artifactId>plexus-container-default</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-alpha-9</version>
        <exclusions>
            <exclusion>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
<artifactId>plexus-utils</artifactId> </exclusion> </exclusions>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
        <artifactId>plexus-utils</artifactId>
        <version>1.1</version>
        <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>

I had already tried that, but it didn't seem to translate from normal
dependencies to plugin dependencies.

Do you know if it is possible to make it work for plugin
dependencies? How?

You can't - at least not those two. These jars are part of the core
functionality (see "<maven root>/core") and those will always take
porecedence. So either you modify your local Maven installation or
you'll have to wait for the next Maven release.

Those two were just Lakshman's example. I am interested in overriding the version of maven-archiver used by maven-jar-plugin, which are not core.

--
Max Bowsher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.mxtelecom.com