Another use case for allowing dependencyManagement in (a profile in)
settings.xml that I ran into recently is overriding POM remote URLs (e.g.,
scp) with local ones (e.g., file) for use on a CI server that also houses
corporate maven repositories and generated sites. BTW, this cut deploy goal
build times in half.