Jeff Mutonho wrote on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:27 AM:

> What's the point of having the option to specify the ejb jar name
> using <jarName> my-ejb-jar </jarName> when the when
> "my-ejb-jar-x.y.z" does not
> end up being installed in the repository?

Because otherwise the artifact would never be found in the repo again. The
local name is only for your convenience e.g. becasue it might easy the handling
in your development environment.

> Is there a way of getting around this?

No.

But normally you will not use the EJB jars directly anyway, because you embed
them into an EAR. Look into the ear plugin's configuration, how to adjust the
names of the embedded elements (e.g. to remove the version on the fly).

- Jörg