I never found an RMI plugin, but I resolved the issue by binding in an
ant-based task to generate the RMIC stubs to the process-classes phase.
Here's the relevant POM snippet...

It gets specific to the project (defining which classes get the RMIC
task invoked on them), but it has worked reasonably well for us.

-joe

<project...>
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>process-classes-rmic</id> <!-- needs to be unique among
executions -->
            <phase>process-classes</phase>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>