I have some dependencies that use set notation for the version such
as...

<dependency>
      <groupId>com.xrite</groupId>
      <artifactId>xrite-colorlib-api</artifactId>
      <version>[1.0,)</version>
</dependency>

I now use Proximity as my maven proxy/aggregator.  My repositories are
like...

<repositories>
    <repository>
          <id>inhouse</id>

<url>http://XRBUILD2.xrite.com:8080/px-webapp-default-1.0.0-RC4/reposito
ry/private</url>
    </repository>
    <repository>
          <id>extFree</id>

<url>http://XRBUILD2.xrite.com:8080/px-webapp-default-1.0.0-RC4/reposito
ry/ext</url>
    </repository>
    <repository>
          <id>public</id>

<url>http://XRBUILD2.xrite.com:8080/px-webapp-default-1.0.0-RC4/reposito
ry/public</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>

Proximity is set to aggregate inhouse & inhouse.snapshot into private
group.

Why does my build/release think that the xrite-colorlib-api artifact
should use a SNAPSHOT version?  I thought set notion did not include
SNAPSHOTS, only releases?  When I run the release goal it fails because
of the xrite-colorlib-api-SNAPSHOTS dependency.

- How can I make this so it knows that no SNAPSHOTS should be retrieved
from the private repo unless SNAPSHOT is in the version?

- Should/does maven specify snapshotRepository separate from repository?

-dh