We are using cargo to merge war files:

http://cargo.codehaus.org/Merging+WAR+files

Andreas

-----Original Message-----
From: johne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:34 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Combining multiple wars

Hello,

I am mostly through the process of switching from Ant to Maven2.   I
have
seperated one big project into 5 sub-projects using a hierarchy of poms.

I have the following hierarchy:   service-platform.war ->
baseservices.war
-> servicesusa.war

Originally these were all gobbed together in one war.  Now I am trying
have multiple countries supported and needed a better way of packaging
due
to differences in services.

My problem is that they have shared resources that need to be exploded
under
the ending serviceusa.war's WEB-INF.  This is not happening, however and
the
resources can not be found.   I have tried working with the dependency
plogin and the war plugin, but i have not figured out how I can have
service-platform.war's WEB-INF exlode into baseservice.war's and then
having
both of those explode into the serviceusa.war.

Preferably it would be good to be able to filter on each of these.

Is there a way?  Does somebody have an example they can post?  I have
not
been able to find anything that helped in examples or other projects I
have
downloaded.

Thanks!!!

John