It might be a bug -- sounds like the localRepo setting cannot be
overridden on the CLI like many/most other properties. This may be on
purpose, or it may be an accident, unsure.

Check JIRA for a bug report/enhancement request and vote/watch it, or
file one if you can't find one already posted.

Wayne