So by adding a plugin to a parent pom (one with modules defined) - maven
will always run that plugin for all the submodules?

What if I only want it to run once prior to anything else happening?

-----Original Message-----
From: EJ Ciramella [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 10:30 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: antrun plugin can't find proper jars

                  </dependency>
                  <dependency>
                    <groupId>oro</groupId>
                    <artifactId>oro</artifactId>
                    <version>2.0.8</version>
                  </dependency>
                </dependencies>
                        </plugin>

To my parent pom, but now I see it run this sync (and fails) with every
subproject as it attempts to validate the pom.xmls.

How could I simply add to the parent pom a target (in ant speak) to sync
the entire project?  We need to recycle passwords stored in people's
home directories inside property files so using maven's build in p4
syncing stuff isn't going to work for us.