franz see wrote:

> Good day to you, Edwin,
>
> I tried getting the sources of 6.0.0rc0 to 4 from [1] and installed them
> all in my repo but the error remains the same.
>
> I've also tried downloading 6.0.0rc4 jar from [2] and install-file it but
> still the same error.
>
> Any idea what's causing the error, or where should i start looking? :-)
>
> Thanks a bunch,
> Franz
>
> [1]
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7322&package_id=106252
> [2] http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/mortbay/jetty/maven-jetty-plugin/
>
>> Edwin Punzalan wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I had the same problem and resolved it by using this instead:
>>
>>     mvn org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin:6.0.0rc4:run
>>
>> Hope that helped.
>>

>> ^_^
>>

>> franz see wrote:
>> > Good day,
>> >
>> > I have just checked out jetty from [1], and I built it using "mvn clean
>> > install -DupdateReleaseInfo=true. And it builds successfully. However,
>> > everytime I try to use it, I get a "The PluginDescriptor for the plugin
>> > Plugin [org.mortbay.jetty:jetty] was not found" error.
>> >
>> > I've also checked the jar of that plugin, and indeed, it does contain
>> > META-INF/maven/plugin.xml.
>> >
>> > A sampe out build when I'm trying to use it in [2].
>> >
>> > What could  be wrong here and what coud be the solution? ^_^
>> >
>> > Thanks a bunch,
>> > Franz
>> >
>> > [1] http://svn.codehaus.org/jetty/jetty/trunk
>> > [2] http://rafb.net/paste/results/s2hUpB26.html

Good day,

I actually stopped bothering to make this work and I simply launched jetty
itself (after manually transferring the WAR to .../jetty/webapps). It was
only recently that a friend of mine pointed out the solution.

Simply execute

mvn -cpu -U jetty:run

I don't really know if this would have work back when i asked this here
(though I do remember trying to use those arguements to make it
work)..nonetheless, my maven jetty plugin now works (finally) ^_^

Cheers,
Franz