On 9/14/06, Matt Raible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This almost worked - in that I was able to checkout both projects and
install them.  Unfortunately, I still get the following error:
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.plugins
ArtifactId: maven-plugins
Version: 2-SNAPSHOT

  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-plugins:pom:2-SNAPSHOT

Strange, I wonder why it wants 2-SNAPSHOT.

The version on the trunk is 4-SNAPSHOT:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/pom.xml

You can temporarily put the apache.snapshots repository in
settings.xml so Maven can find the older version:

<repository>
<id>apache.snapshots</id>
<name>Apache Snapshot Repository</name>
<url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
</repository>

I wouldn't leave this in settings.xml permanently, or you'll
experience the reverse of your current problem.  Things will build
fine for you, and no one else. :)

--
Wendy