Hi,

I am trying to deploy my application to a running
tomcat instance on a different machine. I have
tried the following and haven't been successfully.
What
is the right way to do this? Please suggest.

1.mvn cargo:deploy - This works fine only when the
tomcat instance doesn't have my application deployed.

2. mvn cargo:deploy - This fails when run against
a tomcat instance which already has my application
running or deployed.

Failed to deploy [c:\main\app\ui\target\aa.war]
Application already exists at path /aa

3. mvn cargo:deployer-redeploy - This goal undeploys
and redeploys the application. I guess this is
deploying the existing war file without refreshing
with the new war file.

4. mvn cargo:deployer-redeploy - This fails when
run against a tomcat instance which doesn't have my
running or deployed.

[INFO] Failed to redeploy
[c:\main\app\ui\target\aa.war]
FAIL - No context exists for path /aa

I did try cargo:undeploy. undeploy works fine. But
when I use deploy again, it fails with an error,
something like "..Application with that name already
exists.."

thanks
--Prashanth