<build><pluginManagement>

On 9/23/06, Andreas Guther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I started to manage my dependency versions with <dependencyManagement>
and I am quite pleased on the outcome and control this configuration
provides.

We defined in a parent pom all dependency versions we are using in the
<dependencyManagement> section and in our sub-project we only define
what we need to use but not the version.  This has removed all questions
about what version to use.

Now I wonder if something similar is possible for plug-ins.

Does it makes sense to define in a similar fashion the versions of
plug-ins and then have the projects again just define the plug-in they
need but not which version?

Andreas