Hi Alexander,

2006/9/27, Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi, I have a few questions about modules and dependencies.  Does the
order of modules listed in the parent pom.xml matter?  For example, if C
depends on A and B depends on C, then the correct order would be:A, C  B
<module>A</module>
<module>C</module>
<module>B</module>

If I specify instead
<module>A</module>
<module>B</module>
<module>C</module>, will Maven pick up the right dependency order and
build as if I had written A,C,B?

Order doesn't matter, Maven does well. But you could simply try. ^_^

As for my second question, if I declare a dependency in a project, will
that artifact be automatically built and deployed to maven repo so that
it would be picked up for build?  For example, if I declare:

<dependency>
        <groupId>b</groupId>
        <artifactId>a</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>

Will Maven go and build a for me or do I need to include a as a
submodule?  Thanks.

Maven won't build it - if your dependency was Spring, Maven wouldn't build
Spring. So, yes, you need to include a as a submodule.

HTH,
- Yann

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of
any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]