On 9/27/06, Tom Hurley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a web application and when I deploy, only some of my files are being
copied from my webapp directory to the target directory. I get the following
error which makes sense as the files are not being copied.
[INFO] Error assembling WAR: Deployment descriptor:
D:\maven\rainier\IDRS\client\ManagementPortal\target\ManagementPortal\
-INF\web.xml does not exist.

Why are some and not all of the files being copied? I am new to maven and
would appreciate any help in understanding why this is happening.

Where is the web.xml file in your source code for your project?

Normally, it would be in project/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml .

If it's somewhere else, you'll have to tell Maven where that is,
probably by configuring the war plugin.

--
Wendy