From: Rémy Sanlaville [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 28 September 2006 6:38 PM
To: Lakshman Srilakshmanan
Subject: Re: [M2] Mirror

Hi Tamás and Lakshman,

Thanks for your reply.

        I would seriously question the need to get a mirror of central.

        For one thing, it's 5GB.
        Secondly you would never use it all. You would probably use a small
fraction (ie at most 10%).

My need is not just for my projects, but we want to test Maven 2 in a corporate
context.
As Better Build with Maven Book says :
"It is also possible to set up another repository (or use the same one) to
mirror content from the Maven central repository. While this isn't required, it
is common in many organizations as it eliminates the requirement for Internet
access or proxy configuration. In addition, it provides faster performance (as
most downloads to individual developers come from within their own network),
and gives full control over the set of artifacts with which your software is
built, by avoiding any reliance on Maven's relatively open central repository."

        As suggested by Tamás Cservenák, you should consider using proximity.
It works like central and will hold only what you require.

Yes, We have a look to proxy also and particularly to Proximity (Tamás have
done a great job !).
Do you have a comparison between Proximity and Maven Repository Manager (MRM).

Thanks,

R2my