Thanks Dan.  I got it work, but there is one more issue left.  I want to
use the assembly plugin to generate a .jar file of all the contents in
/target.  When I do this, the "target" folder is part of each path
inside in the resulting .jar.  I tried using
<includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>, but that did not
help.  Is there a way to exclude the parent directory "target" from the
resulting paths inside the binary?  Thanks a lot for the previous help
as well.

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any
action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]