Hello,
 I'm new to configuring maven,  and I am trying to create a release for a
project.  The project includes a number of modules,  one of which contains
sample source code.  I would like my distribution to contain the source and
binary artifacts for the samples.  I have discovered the maven-source-plugin
and have been able to run mvn source:jar against the project, which creates
a jar of source for me.  How do I get the overall project build to package
both the source and the compiled artifacts. Am I heading in the right
direction here?  Is there a specific project archetype for a samples
project?

Regards, Kelvin.

(By the way,  it took me many attempts to subscribe to this list because my
mails were being bounced as spam when I did as directed and sent empty mails
to the users-subscribe address, etc.  It wasn't until  I parsed the bounced
notes and realised that I must include some junk text in my response in
order to get through the spam filter that my subscription worked.)