It is a definitely a bug. Please file a Jira against war plugin

-D

On 10/11/06, Andreas Guther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So far it looks to me as if the behavior is intentionally.

I made some tests with the classifier giving TestNG the scope compile
which forces Maven to add it to the war file which I usually do not

I ended up again with a jar file that did not contain the classifier in
its name.  This lets me conclude that this is an desired behavior.

I personally would feel more comfortable if the classifier would remain
in the jar file name.  It makes it easier to control what is actually in
the WEB-INF/lib folder.  That removing of the classifier behind the
scene is a little bit unexpected and confusing in my view.

Is there a way to force Maven (i.e. the responsible plug-in) to keep the
jar file classifier while adding jars to the war file?

Andreas